Friday, July 30, 2010

Cha-cha-cha-changes!

Apparently, I don't do too well with changes.  If I had been much of a blogger last year, I'm sure the posts for six months before August, or maybe even more, would have been all about Dub and how I just wasn't ever going to be ready for him to start Kindergarten.  I made my peace with Kindergarten after the thought of homeschooling popped into my mind one day.  I don't see how in the world you do it, Ashley!!!  Dub would drive me insane every second of every lesson I ever attempted if that were the route we chose.  We are very blessed to have awesome public schools in our county, and Dub got a perfect-for-him teacher, so Kindergarten turned out to be a really fun year.

Dub and his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Wix

Then it was summer vacation.  We got to hang out together, ALL of us, for most of the day, every day.  I wish I could say we got to sleep late, but thanks to Dub that never really is an option.  Bo got really used to having his "best friend" around, and they played together so well almost all the time.

We've had popsicles, snow cones, ice cream, pool parties, mud ball fights, fireworks, and countless bicycle races.  We were able to come and go as we pleased...not that we really always did that, but it was fun to know that we could.  I love a good routine, but I get into the unscheduled routine pretty well, too.

And now on Monday Dub will start first grade.  I haven't dreaded it nearly as long as I did Kindergarten, but it's hitting me pretty hard that this is his "last week" of summer.  How in the world did these two month go by so quickly?  Especially since the 15 (or so) days of the fireworks tent went by sooooo sssllloooooowwwwlllyyyy?

Alright, Dub, I'll let you go to first grade; I guess I kind of have to let you.  But I don't have to like it!  Thank goodness I get two more full years with Bo before I have to let him go to Kindergarten.

By the way, this week we had Little Lady's 1-year pictures made (she's so cute!!!):

1 comment:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I don't do change well either!
I'm thinking about you this morning, trying to get your crew ready for school. We go back a week from Tuesday, and I'm sad! Hope Dub has a GREAT first day of first grade. Love y'all!