Friday, July 16, 2010

She Made It Before Her First Birthday

Little Lady's birthday is a week away. She has randomly taken a few steps here and there, one or two at a time, but that's only with a LOT of coaxing.

Dub walked officially 5 days before he turned 10 months.
Bo walked very soon after he turned 11 months.

Y'all, I really, really thought Little Lady would walk when she was about 6 months. She was able to stand on her own from about that age. And since she could see Dub and Bo going by her so fast, I just thought she would get up and go herself.

Oh, no. This little Prissy girl wants to be chauffeured. She could probably be called Miss Daisy. Honestly, though, I was not worried at all. Besides the fact that I know that every child is different and will walk whenever their own selves decide they are ready, she's really petite (get your jaw off the floor, YES, Jason & I made a petite baby). She wears 6-9 month clothing, so imagine a 6-9 month old walking around.

But last night, we were shopping (for her birthday!) in Providence, and decided to let the boys have a little fun in Books a Million. They love to play on the Thomas table there, so even though we rarely buy anything from BAM, we are kind of frequent patrons. I was holding Little Lady, and I put her down at the Thomas table so that she could play too.... She decided to have a look around the store for herself, and WALKED like she owned the place!!! I'm not saying a step or two. I mean, she walked from the table, to the chairs, to the bookshelves, to the other kids playing there, EVERYWHERE, never breaking stride. Maybe once did she falter. It's like I said, all along she probably knew how to do it, she would just rather be chauffeured!!! I can imagine that she's been strutting around her crib whenever we shut the door. I bet she can converse like royalty, tie her shoes, cook gourmet meals, balance a checkbook, and build playgrounds too!

This morning, she's back to taking a few steps here and there. But I'm on to her now. And I can OFFICIALLY say that she walked before she was one!!! We're three for three!!! :) But not that it matters, of course.

1 comment:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

YEA!!! She is so precious! Give her a slobbery congratulatory kiss from the Hudsons! Love y'all!