Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm Changing their names!

I have a complex about using my precious children's real names on a blog that is accessible by anyone, possibly including all the weirdos and pedophiles that could come in contact with us any time. So when I started this blog, I hastily chose names for them: RocketFire, Lightning McB, and Little Lady. But y'all...I never really liked the names I chose.

RocketFire was given that name by himself. He loves to think of himself as a superhero, and RocketFire is his super alter ego. But really, we hardly ever call him by that name, so it felt weird to call him that on this blog. So from now on, at least until I decide to change his nickname again :) I will be calling him "Dub." Dub is a name he's had almost since Day 1; this poor child has more nicknames than most people on earth, but Dub is one that we use maybe even more than his real name. I'm surprised at myself for not thinking of this one first.

As for Lightning McB, it's obviously because he loves the movie Cars. Sometimes he asks to watch it several times a week. He sleeps with Lightning McQueen or Mater most of the time, but NEVER Chick Hicks ('cause HE'S the Bad Guy!!!). He's a super-cool, super fast boy, but that is also a name we have rarely called him. So he will be called "Bo" on this blog now. This boy also has tons of nicknames, but most of them involve his real name. Bo is a good name for him, especially since we do use it quite a bit around here as a nickname.

Little Lady will keep her nickname. She is such a sweet little dainty lady that it is a perfect name for her. Of course, Firecracker might also be appropriate, or Loud Mouth, or PUNK...no, I'll just stick with Little Lady.

So Dub, Bo, and Little Lady, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! And I want to keep you all safe, even as I air out all your dirty laundry. Your nicknames make me smile, but your SELVES make me happy and proud.

1 comment:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

What great choices! Especially Bo! :)