Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sometimes you just have to say you're sorry. And then laugh at yourself.

We were on our way out the door to go to the pool; I mean almost literally out the door. LMcB decided it was time to announce that he didn't have his shoes on yet. Grrr. So I put down the baby, the pool bag, our drinks, the keys and the pool key so that I could help him.

Just a little interjection here...we have searched the world over for crocs (generic ones) this year, and what's up with NO ONE having them??? We have not found a single pair! Wait, I take that back; Target had some on clearance, but the 5 pairs they had left were not the sizes we need. And Walmart has them in the most ENORMOUS sizes I have ever seen, like men's sizes 13 and up. We have looked in every cheap store I can think of, except Payless because we don't have easy access to one since Opry Mills got flooded out; they probably have millions of crocs. There's flip-flops everywhere in every size and color imaginable, but LMcB can't wear them (or won't), so we're stuck with regular sandals.

These sandals have velcro straps everywhere, which can be confusing for a little guy. He thinks it's necessary to open up every strap every time to get them on. And usually he starts them out on the wrong foot. Don't laugh at that too much - when his Daddy helps him put them on even he gets them on the wrong foot half the time; it really is hard to tell. So anyway, since we were all waiting on LMcB, I just went ahead and did it for him. I told him, "See, it helps if you just unstrap this one, then you don't have to fix them all every time." This was while I was basically shoving his stubborn foot in because I was having some trouble getting it all the way in.

LMcB took over at that point, and he told me, "See, Mom, it helps if you get my little toe in the shoe too." Whoops!!! Sorry, darling! Hope that toe grows back soon! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funny babe. I can picture him unstrapping every strap and then pointing out that his toe was not in there. And I have not put his shoes on the wrong feet in at least a day or two.

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

lol! T does the same thing every. single. time. He's got a 50% chance of putting them on the right feet, but at least 98% of the time he gets it wrong! You are so funny. I LOVED seeing y'all!! And I miss you already. Kiss those precious babies for us!