Saturday, June 19, 2010

All the World's a Post

I promise, everywhere I look now, I think about how things could be my next post. Look out, I'm addicted!!!

I had a long post written that laments our latest Fireworks Tent stress, but I decided not to post it, at least not yet. It's way too early to be bellyaching on my baby blog! Suffice it to say that we have found out first hand just how malicious and nasty old women with too much time on their hands can be. Ugh. (Lord, Help me to learn NOW how to love people and treat them the way I want to be treated all the time so that when I'm old I will have had plenty of practice and can be a sweet old lady! In Jesus name, Amen.)

There's a good story I'll share instead:
Y'all know mornings; they are insane at our house. I don't know why I feel like everything has to be done or at least started by the time I sit down to eat my breakfast, but that's the way I am. Finally, a couple of hours after getting up, starting the laundry, unloading the dishwasher, feeding RocketFire & Lightning McB, then feeding LittleLady (poor girl has to wait, bless her heart, but she's the least squeaky wheel right now), then cleaning up Someone's milk (LMcB! grrr!), then giving RF seconds on breakfast, and probably putting the wet clothes in the dryer and starting a second load...finally, I got to sit down and eat, well SHARE with LL, my own breakfast. I had taken lots of pictures of LL this morning because she was feeding herself oatmeal and made such a sticky mess all over her hair and face, and it was really cute. But that made RF want to take pictures, so when I sat down, he asked for the camera. Oh, whatever! He went away, but came back a few minutes later to show me some of his pictures:

(RF's "parking lot")
(our diaper bag)
(LL's piano)
He told me he was only taking pictures of "the pretty things," then he said, "Smile, Mommy!" and took my picture!!!! Awwwww!
Sorry, though, I'm not going to post that picture. I hadn't had time to shower yet, so you can imagine. But that made my morning! Love you RocketFire!




3 comments:

Nancy Kirby said...

I am a major "Kirby Five" fan! Way to go Misty - this is awesome. I will be checking to follow the life and times of my favorite family! I love you all very much. I hope the Fire Works thing gets better. You're right - it's a shame that everyone doesn't try love first! There are only two things - fear and love. Always go with love!

Aunt Nancy

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

LOVE it! And I know just what you mean about the lovely pics the kids take of us Mommas. I feel bad because I'm always the one BEHIND the camera, so if something happens to me before they are grown, the only pics they will have are the awful ones of me with greasy hair and no makeup. Oh, well. It's the way I stay these days, so why should they remember anything else? :) I love you!

rockstar said...

I do the same thing you do about looking around for the next post idea, except i'm constantly turning things into illustrations for my messages to the Youth. Kids give some of the best material for these deeply spiritual, Biblical messages, too!