Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"One-Zero-Zero"

Oh wow, has it really been more than a month? It's been a busy month, I guess! All those snow days and Christmas holidays...wow, I've really been working super hard.  :)

I write in a journal every night because I want to remember the fun parts about raising all these little crazy monkeys. I thought about making a post about some of the highlights from that journal, but Bo and I just had the funniest miscommunication, so Bam!- just like that, I have a new post! Yippee!!

Bo is 4 years old, and I still make him take a nap every day. He does not want to take a nap, and honestly, he doesn't always need the sleep. But trust me, he needs to have a nap time every day. Actually, I'm the one who needs the break, but it's easier and safer to make him stay in his room than it is for me to lock myself in my room. And since Little Lady takes a nap, Bo goes when she goes. Serenity, at least for a little while.

Since Dub is a car rider after school, we've had to adjust our nap schedule to work in going to pick him up. Bo and LL eat their lunch at about 10:00 (YES, I am aware how early that is! But it's not so bad since they get up at 6am), then they go to nap around 11. We have to pick Dub up at 2:00, so that's plenty of time for a good 2 hr. nap, plus and hour or so of wake-up time. LL usually sleeps til almost 2, anyway.

So anyway, since Bo is learning his numbers and has the numbers "1" and "0" down pat, I tell him what to look for on his digital clock. The problem is, it's 11:00 when I put him down...

Me: When the clock says, "One-zero-zero" (1:00), then you can get up.
Bo: But it says "one-zero-zero" now.
Me: No, it says "one-ONE-zero-zero," not "one-zero-zero."  There has to be only ONE "one."
Bo: There has to be "one-one?"
Me: There has to be only one...."one." Not, "one-one," but only one..."one."
Bo: Mom, it says "One-one-zero-zero!" Can I get up now?
Me: Not until there's a "one" by itself, and then "zero-zero" after it.
Bo: Oh, so it has to say, "one-zero-zero," but only one "one."

Yes!!!  Wow, it felt like that conversation went on longer when we were actually having it...I guess my mind compresses things.

What's so funny is, we go over this almost every day. Not quite the same dialogue, but the same explanation.

My little Space Cadet. :)

1 comment:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

He IS smart! He's doing that on purpose!! He's trying to wear you down, in hopes that eventually you'll give up, or be so confused he'll get out of taking a nap. :)
You can't kid a kidder, so I totally get him! Love and miss you!! And I've missed your blog posts, so keep 'em coming!