Monday, February 21, 2011

Mammoth Cave

Our family took a trip this weekend. Actually it wasn't a trip, it was an adventure. :)  We drove an hour and a half to Cave City, Kentucky, to visit Mammoth Cave.  W-O-W!!!

Let me stop right here and just disclose that I am an EXTREME claustrophobic. Two years or so ago I had to have an MRI; I was TERRIFIED, and I was in the "open" (yeah, right) MRI machine. I had to have a Valium just to be able to do that. So why in the world am I agreeing to go inside a cave for TWO HOURS on a 1-mile hike???


The entrance to the cave on our tour (not the original entrance)


Tight spaces...narrow staircase...deep breaths, Misty...deep breaths...


Down 280 stairs (no joke), 250 feet below ground

Little Cave Men


Dub and Bo were fearless, of course


W-O-W, was it worth it! Even with all the tight spaces.


Yes, Little Lady came also ~ she did great!


The bus ride was one of the best parts, according to Dub and Bo

We stopped for a snack, then headed home. Little Lady didn't make it (she didn't even finish her sucker first!).
I'm so glad we went. It was awesome! We even plan to go back, maybe over Spring Break.
Love, The Kirby Adventurers

No comments: