Wednesday, November 24, 2010

If I Had A Nickel...

My precious Little Lady. She is so adorable and wonderful, full of sugar and spice and everything nice. In my eyes, there is no one in the entire world who is more beautiful or wonderful than she is.

But there are some insanely clueless people out there.

If she does not have a bow in her hair...regardless of how much PINK, and flowers, and hearts, and frills and lace she's wearing or surrounded with...if there is no bow, idiot clueless people will assume she is a BOY! Drives me crazy.

Yesterday, we were in line at the grocery store (LL was not wearing a bow), and here comes The Clueless Man.  He starts by gushing over Little Lady, "Oh, what a handsome little fella!" Then to Dub and Bo, "You've got a good-looking little brother there, don't ya?" He was a nice older man, so I just played along, saying 'thank you' and 'awww' at all the appropriate places.

The Man went on,"Look at that blond hair and those blue eyes. You're going to be a movie star someday, aren't ya, little guy? Won't that be neat, Mama? You'll have your own little movie star someday. What a pretty little boy!"

All this time, Bo's next to the buggy saying over and over, "She is our SISTER!!!" The Man didn't hear him.

He continues on, complimenting all three of them:  "Oh, and just look. Those two are handsome, too! You have three good looking kids, Mama. All three of them are so handsome. Well. I'm guessing your husband is a good looking, handsome man ~ am I right?"

Oh, yeah. Thanks so much. All three of my boys get their good looks from their Daddy, and I was just the petri dish. Hush, I know that he meant boys are supposed to be handsome like their Daddy (but one of them is a GIRL!!!).

That poor little man...he was trying to be so sweet....  I'll remember him forever, but not necessarily for the reasons he hoped.

Here is Misty's Tip of the Week:  If the baby is completely dressed in pink, more often than not it's a GIRL!!!

No comments: